Memberships play a vital role in supporting the operational and strategic objectives of QHVSG and we offer a number of different memberships to support those directly impacted by homicide, as well as general members of the public wanting to support the vision and work of our organisation. Membership is by application only and subject to review and approval by QHVSG’s Board of Management. While the fee to become a Member of QHVSG is nominal, to our organisation every cent is vital and this is why we encourage you and or your family and friends to consider becoming a member – or make a donation to QHVSG regardless of how big or small. Collectively these many contributions will allow us to enhance the work we do to support our Members, and especially as the need for our services continues to grow. Your membership will ensure you have a voice within our group, plus you will be entitled to vote and nominate yourself or others for Board of Management Committee or Subcommittee roles. Members are also always given first right to support QHVSG, One Punch Can Kill and Daisy Chain Foundation initiatives through donations, volunteering, sponsorship and bequests, events tickets and more.
How will your support Help?
QHVSG currently supports over 1,200 families and while we rely in large part on government funding to support our operations we have a huge shortfall to meet. In the year ahead your generous contribution via membership or donation will help us to generate additional funds to:
- Expand our on-the-ground activities within regional Queensland
- Continue support meetings in our regional areas
- Keep our One Punch Can Kill campaign alive
- Develop our annual Walk for Life campaign
- Promote fundraising opportunities for our Daisy Chain Foundation
- Develop and train our Volunteers, allowing families to access greater support
- Develop a program to support children affected by homicide
- Develop a program of Member retreats and workshops